Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Monday!!!

Monday Night Football, that is!
I'm a Colts girl. Not really sure why...maybe it is because the electric blue looks good on me, but most likely it is because I am a Peyton Manning fan. I follow football based on the mug shots and tight pants. What! I'm a girl!
Well, the Colts are playing tonight and Ben asked me out on a date. It is much needed, as we have both been so busy lately and not able to spend much time together. He said that I could pick any place that I wanted. After lots of searching online and asking around, I decided on Bluewater Grill in Newport Beach. They have a great happy hour during the weekdays that lasts from 3:30 - 6:30pm. During football season, they extend this happy hour for the entire Monday Night Football game!
I called ahead to hear what they were offering and my mouth is already watering. Between the $4, $5 and $6 appetizer menus, I can't decide! From oyster shooters and shrimp ceviche to sliders and tenderloin dippers, each item sounds delicious. I promise to extend this post after I have frequented the spot and gorged on as many cheap dishes as Ben will allow me to order! LOL
GO COLTS!!!
______________________
I can proudly say that the Colts won, despite the fact so many of their skilled players were out and Peyton had to work with a rookie team. 
We did some how work up a $55 bill and that was only for the first half of the game?!? I guess $5 here and $5 there adds up pretty quickly. Ben and I sampled each of their house wines by the glass. Our favorite was the Pinot Noir. It went surprisingly well the simple sourdough and butter that comes with every order. We tried the fish tacos and the shrimp ceviche. Both were good, but we'll definitely go back for the $2 oyster shooters. ($4 for a pair.) Yum yum! The crab and artichoke dip was supposed to be their most popular item, but we passed on that tonight.
Overall, it was a good night. The happy hour wasn't amazing, but the service was good, the atmosphere was warm and the sampling of food was complimentary to the Colts win against Houston. 
Sweet dreams to foodies everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment